An important change to bank feeds: Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank.
Following the merger with Virgin bank, bank feeds for Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank are being switched off. Here’s what you need to know about how this affects you, and what you need to do.
1) The first step is to process any outstanding transactions from your old feed. You then need to export any existing bank rules you want to reuse. Once exported, you can import them into your new Virgin Money bank feed.
2) After you have done this, if you bank with Clydesdale or Yorkshire banks, you must disconnect your existing bank feed. We recommend you do this at the end of a working day. Then connect to your new bank feed at the beginning of the next day. This is to prevent importing duplicate transactions.
3) You will then need to make sure you have the sign-in details for your bank account handy, as you will need to log in to your online bank account to set up the new bank feed.
4) Check your imported transactions against your bank statement. You need to bear in mind that there is always a small delay between new transactions arriving in your bank account and when they are sent via your bank feed.
5) Finally, simply import any existing bank rules you want to reuse from your old bank feed.
We’re here to support you every step of the way, and our friendly team are here waiting to help and assist you.
We’d love to hear from you, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, give us a call on 0121 384 2513, or click the ‘Contact Us’ button below and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.