Many businesses have embraced Microsoft Teams as their collaboration tool of choice. It gained traction during the pandemic and provided flexibility during a time where home working was encouraged. Since then, Teams has continued to be utilised to support hybrid working, where employees can work together whilst being physically apart. Teams allows you to call, chat, meet and collaborate in real time with applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
You may already know that Teams can be used to share files, but did you know you can sync those files to File Explorer for quick & easy access?
Follow the below steps to set it up.
– Open Microsoft Teams
– Select Teams
– Select your team (our example is called EBS)
– Select your channel (our example is General)
– On the right, select Files
– Click on Sync
– A notification will pop up to advise the files are being synced, press Close
– Open File Explorer
– Locate your Company Name (ours is Electronic Business Systems Ltd)
– You will now see the Microsoft Teams Files Location (EBS – General in our example)
– Select it and you will see the shared files on the right-hand side
– We are all done!
If this tip has helped you add Microsoft Teams to File Explorer, then we’re glad to have been of help.
However, if you’re still experiencing issues, or would like to talk to someone in more depth, then please get in touch with our experienced and friendly team, who will be only too happy to help.